5 Little Things

2Peas challenge today was:

Name 5 things you do every day, without fail.

1. Blow my nose. It's a sad situation, but inevitably, I always end up using several tissues through the course of a day.
2. Kiss my husband. So important to the old adage: Never go to bed angry.
3. Read. I always have a book going and one waiting in the wings. It's my escape time.
4. Shower or Bathe. Unless we're camping, there is a shower or bath in my life every day. Some folks can go every other day, but not me.
5. Talk on the phone. Whether it's chatting with M, my sister in law, or just checking in w/Z, I use the phone.

Soooo, not very profound, but part those are the things I do everyday. I could have lied and said things like exercise or eat vegetables. But there are some days when a vegetable doesn't cross or I don't lace up my walking shoes.

As I'm getting closer to the school year, I'm thinking more and more about rituals, patterns, and plans for daily life. With Z working nearly 11 hours a day now, there are many things he just doesn't have the energy for when he gets home. I don't necessarily think he should be immune to helping out -- everyone has some responsibility -- but I need to figure out how I'm going to use my days wisely. Work is less than 10 minutes away now... about 5 if the lights and train are in my favor. Definitely time to start planning: exercise, meals, housework, excursions to Winston, camping, family time, "us" time.

Glad I love a list, though I think I'll ponder a bit more before I start putting these ideas on paper. A well-thought-out list is a million times better than one shoddily put together. List-neurosis can be your friend.

3 Say something::

Lynn said...

Very cute post. My dh has to blow his nose at least 3 times in the morning. So I can relate. I think I need a list also to get me moving in the right direction.

toners said...

fun post! I'm also a nose-blower, especially at this time of year...

Sherri said...

amazing how fast school comes up...great post

Hi, I'm Tess! I'm a wife, a mommy, a friend, a teacher, a singer, a scrapper, a writer, a laugher, and a "wannabe" dancer. These are my ramblings... enjoy!
 
Copyright 2009 Everywhere I Go... Damn! There I Am All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes