Reasons I LOVE Sunday

Sunday Mornings
It's Sunday morning, just before 9AM. This is my favorite time of week. Why?

1. Zach sleeps in and I get time to slowly drink my cup of coffee, check email, watch the news, and catch up on some quiet "me" time.

2. The whole house is quiet. Kharma stays in bed with Zach, so she hasn't begun her lickfest yet.

3. I don't have to be anywhere or do anything anytime soon. I can totally take my time and face the day when I'm good and ready.

4. Xerxes and Luna (the cats) take turns visiting with me, sitting in my lap, and relaxing -- this is NOT something they normally do. It's like they've decided this is "Mommy time."

5. It's the beginning of a new week -- a clean slate -- I can start fresh and begin again.

Just amazing.

Last night...
I had a HUGE disappointment last night. Since I finished my MS (praise to Allah!), Mandy, Zach, and I were going out for a fun dinner before Billy's show at Smith's. So, here I am, ready to take a carb blocker and enjoy some yummy food... We pick up Mandy, and she's excited, too -- we're going to Bridgetown Grill. Now, if you've never been to Bridgetown, you don't know what you're missing! They make all sorts of amazing Carribbean food -- my favorite is their jerk chicken over nachos with black bean and cheese soup. Delectable. So, I'm pumped. We're driving there. My mouth is watering. I'm thinking: nachos, soup, mangorita, nachos, soup, mangorita... and then... we get ready to see how packed it is before we park... and... IT'S CLOSED! Not closed for the night. Not closed for the weekend --- CLOSED. Permanently. Empty. Barren. Gone. (Cue the lonely cowboy whistle and tumbleweeds rolling by in the dust.) How could this happen???????? Needless to say, a very disappointed group of people continued right by the once warm and inviting restaurant and drove to Smith's. Where I ate a burger. Yay. (Can you sense my disappointment?)

But things got better...
Billy's show was awesome. We always enjoy seeing him play. And we got a real treat -- Heather Luttrell. So, long story short -- went to elementary school with the girl. Haven't seen her since. She hooked up with Lefty (the guy Billy plays with) and all 3 of them had a show together last night. She was AMAZING! I did not know the girl had pipes like that! It was effortless. She just opened her mouth and the music came out -- this strong, powerful, raspy yet sometimes quiet, melodic voice came out. It was like she wasn't even trying. I'm so jealous! I wish singing came that easily to me! I think I may rush out and buy her new album. Start my own cult following.

So, there it is. My beautiful Sunday morning.

0 Say something::

Hi, I'm Tess! I'm a wife, a mommy, a friend, a teacher, a singer, a scrapper, a writer, a laugher, and a "wannabe" dancer. These are my ramblings... enjoy!
 
Copyright 2009 Everywhere I Go... Damn! There I Am All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes