love at first sight


Sooooo, Mandy and I decided to have a girls' afternoon. She's settling into her apartment, so I just wanted to hang out and see how things are going. Without any BIG plans in mind, we decided to go for lunch then to check out pet adoptions at the local PetSmart.

Mandy had her heart set on a dog. A small dog like a poodle or a bichon frise. Alas and alack, there were no small dogs for adoption at the PetSmart. In fact, there were only just a couple of cats.

So, there I go, opening my big mouth -- I wonder where the Humane Society is? Yeah... 10 minutes later we were pulling into the parking lot. 15 minutes later we were checking out the puppies and adult dogs they had available for adoption. 30 minutes later we realized that there weren't any small dogs... all of the puppies were going to grow into large dogs or into chihuahuas (we're not sure which is worse.)

Well, let's just look at the cats, I suggested. Just a small suggestion. I wanted to see the purr babies and perhaps play with a kitten or two before we headed out for the rest of the afternoon.

BIG MISTAKE! Not too sure what Dr. G is going to do now... she has fallen in love with a 2 month old black kitten named Gadget. He is too precious. He cuddled and played and stole her heart. He's currently on hold for her. Tomorrow, a decision. I have a feeling that Inspector Gadget is going to be a new member of the family.

So much for getting a dog...

5 Say something::

Bonita Rose said...

kitties are fun.. enjoy the new family member!

Maureen said...

Oooh..I hope she gets Gadget....he looks just like our Dakotah cat when she was a kitten!!!!

Heather said...

Awww! A sweet baby kitty...Cats are so much better than dogs anyway! ;o)

Sofia said...

Awww! Cute kitty. :-)

Jana said...

How sweet! My first cat was an all black kitten! I was told that he was a she and named him Martika - then later found out that she was a he! We kept the name anyway! HOpe you enjoy your new kitten!

Hi, I'm Tess! I'm a wife, a mommy, a friend, a teacher, a singer, a scrapper, a writer, a laugher, and a "wannabe" dancer. These are my ramblings... enjoy!
 
Copyright 2009 Everywhere I Go... Damn! There I Am All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes