Back from NYC

I had such a great time in NYC!!! I was a bit worried about spending so much time with two of my co-workers -- we haven't always gotten along so well -- but it all seemed to work out!

I was up there for 7 days for a Teachers' College/Columbia University Mini-Institute on Reading Workshop. Esther paid for us to stay over the weekend so that we could visit a school on Monday. It was COLD! But we had fun, anyway.

Trip highlights:
1. Lucy Calkins' keynote on day one: I still squeak when I first see her.
2. Finally getting down to business with those coworkers -- and seeing that we all have the end in mind, we are just coming from different perspectives.
3. Getting the chance to see Lyn and the girls. I miss them!
4. Shopping on Canal Street -- I am the QUEEN of bargaining! I got my Coach-ish purse for only $20... already have had a bunch of comments on how cute it is.
5. Seeing The Lion King. Such fun! WOW! Sat in Row N on the aisle, so I felt like I was in the middle of the action. The guy who played Simba was one HOTTIE!
6. Hanging with Pam. She is the coolest 60 year old I know!
7. Subway riding. OY! It was great... and crowded... and fun... and crowded!
8. Lunch in Little Italy. 'Nuff Said.
9. Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum w/Tamika. SOOOO much fun!
10. The Empire State Building. Even though it was butt-ASS cold outside, we did go onto the Observation Deck. Amazing Views.
11. Tequila shots with the girls.
12. Coming home... warm weather, zach, my bed!

Some pictures:

Our Morning Stop and lunch in Little Italy



Madame Tussaud's



Lyn and me at the top of the Empire State Building...
and my really cute Coach-ish bag.
Did I mention that it was COLD???

2 Say something::

Anonymous said...

Wow looks and sounds like an awesome trip!!

Blessed Ladybug said...

Come back soon, Glad you have a good time. Thanks for Sharing... From a Native New Yorker!

Hi, I'm Tess! I'm a wife, a mommy, a friend, a teacher, a singer, a scrapper, a writer, a laugher, and a "wannabe" dancer. These are my ramblings... enjoy!
 
Copyright 2009 Everywhere I Go... Damn! There I Am All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes