When I said 6 miles...

I didn't realize that we would have to wait an hour to get in! My GAWD! After a nice, quiet, relaxing dinner, we headed to Lake Lanier for the Magical Nights of Lights. As I bragged, it is SIX MILES of holiday cheer. The drive up 85 to 985 was entirely uneventful. Quiet. Peaceful. Then the exit for Lake Lanier. Still quiet and uneventful. As we neared the entrance (or what I could guess was "nearing the entrance") the traffic started. One HOUR and two MILES later, we entered the park. Guess what time it was? Go ahead. Guess. 10:45!! (Here is where I don't mention the fact that Zach has to be at work at 7 the next morning...)

My final opinion: it was well worth it. Every freakin minute. Every freakin penny of the $25 it cost to get in. The lights were AMAZING!!! There were themes and animated lights and twinkling snowflakes... it was beautiful. I'm glad we went... it made up for our outing to Stone Mountain, where the lights have become all but nonexistent.

My poor Zachary ended up falling asleep on the way home. I hope he's doing okay today.

Mom and Andy and Kristina are coming over to make cookies today. I'm really excited! It'll be fun to get to hang out with them and do something creative at the same time.

And then, maybe a movie this PM with Mandy.

Did I mention I have a Master's degree portfolio I need to finish and mail in by January 15th? Yeah... I'll get to that at some point. Right now, I'm happy procrastinating!

0 Say something::

Hi, I'm Tess! I'm a wife, a mommy, a friend, a teacher, a singer, a scrapper, a writer, a laugher, and a "wannabe" dancer. These are my ramblings... enjoy!
 
Copyright 2009 Everywhere I Go... Damn! There I Am All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes