Monday!

Outside my window... much the same as last Monday. It's sunny and gorgeous and HOT. I'm enjoying the A/C!

I am thinking... that I don't want to go to the AT&T store today. I'm not very good a making "demands." Z has coached me and told me not to overtalk (which I tend to do), and just make it clear what I want and how I want it. Ugh. Easier said than done.

I am thankful for...
my family... arriving on Thursday and Friday. I'm looking forward to celebrating Bella's first birthday with her East Coast family -- both the blood relatives and the family we have chosen.

From the kitchen…
who knows?! I have food left from last week's shopping, so I need to determine exactly what I'm cooking. Probably whole foods tonight: a meat, a veggie or two, and some rice.

I am wearing...
my favorite jean "skort" and a khaki brown flowered top. Cool and comfortable!

I am creating…
plans in my head for the class I'll be teaching at the end of July. Just barely forming the thoughts, but they're there!

I am going…
to talk to those AT&T people after Bella's nap.

I am reading…
Testimony by Anita Shreve. I tried desperately to like Capote in Kansas by Kim Powers. Since Thursday I've been reading it and I've only gotten to page 60... so, last night it got tossed to the floor, and I picked up Testimony. We'll see how it goes!

I am hoping…
that my ScrapRoom cleaning will get done today or tomorrow. I also hope that Hannah gets better so I can see her and her Mommy on Wednesday!

I am hearing…
The sounds of NPR and the washing machine.

Around the house...
It's laundry day! And, I need to do some general upkeep: we've got our favorite aunts visiting us this weekend!

One of my favorite things…
Our new armoire/entertainment center! I happened upon it at Finders Keepers last week. After getting Z's approval, we purchased and loaded it on the truck. It is the first piece of furniture that I've purchased because I WANT it. We didn't NEED it, but the price was right and I love it! My favorite part of the whole process was Z looking it over and determining what needed to be fixed/touched up then asking me, "Are you willing to stay up late tonight to get it all put together... like Christmas?" And it was like Christmas! We were up until almost 1, but the benefits outweighed the sleepless night!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Getting ready for the family visits and celebration this weekend. Gearing up to see my BFF, whom I haven't seen in a few months!

Here is 'picture thought' I am sharing…


Posted by Picasa

0 Say something::

Hi, I'm Tess! I'm a wife, a mommy, a friend, a teacher, a singer, a scrapper, a writer, a laugher, and a "wannabe" dancer. These are my ramblings... enjoy!
 
Copyright 2009 Everywhere I Go... Damn! There I Am All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes