Nothing Like a Good Book

So, there's this Siamese Cat, right? And he gets in trouble a lot, right? So his mom sends him to his room, and he realizes that he's not a Siamese cat at all... HOLY GUACAMOLE! He's a CHIHUAHUA! Insanity ensues, complete with a band of Chimichangos and a villian known as the Bumblebeeto. Ah, such the perfect book.
And when you're having a day like I'm having, i.e., "Didn't I ask you to put that in your folder? Not your desk. Your folder." or "I've given that direction 5 times already. When will you follow it?" or "Is it necessary to sneak those bubbles outside to recess? Couldn't you just ask?"... well, you need some Skippyjon Jones in your life!
Reading this book is a rite of passage for my students every year. I pull it out at different times each year, depending on the group and the situation. Today it became the pick-me-up for a group of children who needed to do some laughing... and their teacher who desperately needed to hear them laugh. Our litte Siamese Chihuahua hero, in his muy, muy soft voice and best Spanish accent always makes my day!
Because of him, I can pick up, move on, and remember... they're children. They don't always understand. They won't always listen. They ALWAYS need to laugh!

1 Say something::

monica.coffman said...

I hear great things about that book. I wish that was around when my daughter was younger!

Hi, I'm Tess! I'm a wife, a mommy, a friend, a teacher, a singer, a scrapper, a writer, a laugher, and a "wannabe" dancer. These are my ramblings... enjoy!
 
Copyright 2009 Everywhere I Go... Damn! There I Am All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes